World Nomads Insurance.
Insurance approved and tested by 7summits.com
Most insurances have lots of restrictions in their small print, almost always excluding most sports. Even with so-called ‘active’ policies, most real adventure is not covered.
My company 7summits.com is now a preferred partner of WorldNomads/IHI insurance. We use this insurance ourselves and recommend it to our clients. We have tested it on Everest and have used it to insure our Vinson climbs as well as for just a few dollars you are covered for all emergency rescues. Please always check what is covered as some countries (like UK, Canada, Australia & USA) have different restrictions like max altitude or climbing in general, tough cycle touring seems always covered.
Keep Travelling safely with World Nomads.
Travel insurance: it’s simple & flexible.
You can buy, extend and claim online from anywhere, even after you’ve already left home! Recommended by Lonely Planet, World Nomads travel insurance is designed for adventurous independent travellers and covers overseas medical, evacuation and luggage such as iPods and digital cameras.
|World Nomads partners with some of the best travel brands online.|
So what does it cost.
To get a quote or buy a policy, select your country of permanent residence. Please always check what is covered as some countries (like UK, Canada, Australia & USA) have different restrictions like max altitude or climbing in general.
Top 5 questions.
World Nomads works with some of the best insurers in the world.
Stay in touch & Learn to speak like a local!
Free journal to record your travels
Learn the lingo!
Stay out of trouble with our free language guides for your iPod or MP3 player…
Click on the country’s flag to download the language guide.
Leave a positive Footprint
Make a tangible difference. When you buy a World Nomads policy you have the chance to donate a small amount to a sustainable travel project. You can then follow the progress of this project, from the raising of funds all the way through to completion, through the Footprints web site.
We can make a donation on your behalf, see the discount codes to the right
100% of funds raised through the Footprints program go directly to the projects.
Special 7summits.com promotional discount code: 5% off all insurance
Especially for the 7summits.com visitors and clients we are allowed to give you a discount of 5%. Just use the WorldNomads promotional code ‘seven’ when applying for a quote (you will see the discount before you have to pay anything).
7summits.com Worldnomads Promotional discount Code for 5% off all
If you use the discount code ‘7feet’ instead, then your discount will be donated by us to the charity you chose in the Footprints network instead.
Safe travels and happy climbing or cycling!
A trip like ours needs a few basic things: first of all determination, but close second is good gear. It is no use trying to make do, for a good trip, you need good material.
Without the help of the following people and companies the trip would not have been possible. They have not only supplied us with the best gear available, but also have kept us focused on our first goal: to get started! Most if not all of the people are cyclists or sportsmen and -women and they have not just donated their products but also their time and enthusiasm, which is priceless .
- First of all our bicycles. No compromise here, we wanted the best as we will test them to the max. The only suitable solution is Santos Bikes. Our machines are the best and totally custombuilt. Please read more about Santos and its owner Robbert and their custom configuration tool here.
- A great new laptop, almost designed for our wishes was supplied by Lenovo laptops
- Outdoordacht has sponsored all types of gear, with the solarpanel being the ultimate green-travel tool
- There really is only one brand of panniers: Ortlieb. Their importer Jacobsons has worked hard to help us with all gear needed
- Gecko climbing is the importer of Carinthia, together they have supplied us with great sleeping bags and down jackets, to fight the harshweather of Alaska and Canada
- Mario Wolff is the importer of Vertical and has set us up with great and very usable clothing
- WorldNomads has sponsored a year of health insurance, get yours here as well, it really is cheaper and better, we also use it for our Everest expeditions!
- Elephant Drive has sponsored a year of free use of the Elephantdrive solutions, really a weight off our shoulders to know our back-ups are safe.
- AdventureFood has supplied us with great tasty meals to survive the first two weeks in the wild of Alaska
- De VakantieFietser has helped us with advice, gear and a sense of humour to get us started in the right direction
We are still looking for financial support as our trip is very costly, not just our daily cost of living, but also internet access, server hosting etc. any donations are welcome, or if you want us to give special attention to our products (of course only if they are useful for cyclists!) contact us using the form above.
If you are interested in related products and links, check out the Google advertisements that appear on every page as you will help us at the same time