Gecko Climbing is a small importer of quality brands like Boreal and Carinthia and smaller specialized brands like Trango Bleastone, Elliot ST, Acun & beta stick as well as their own brand Gecko Climbing. Owner Jort veen is a great guy, a strong climber himself and very enthusiastic. He has gone out of his way to make sure all our gear arrived ok and on time, thanks Jort!
Their mission is to make climbing more safe and pleasant for both individual climbers as well as professionals who work on height like arborists. To reach this goal Gecko climbing has the policy to deliver their customers with all the information and service they need.
Boreal (www.e-boreal.com) has given us great discount on our boots, gracias Jesus!
Carinthia (www.carinthia-bags.com) has supplied us with specially made sleeping bags as well as great light downjackets that we have been using a lot. Owner Wolfgang personally has altered some models to make sure we will not be too cold! Vielen dank, Wolfgang!
The Products are divide into synthetics or downy fillings . You can follow our sides by the quick menu on top or entering the detailed information over the following tables. Our actual catalogue could be downloaded as a PDF under downloads.
Important criterions for buying a sleeping bag
As there are warmth performance, packing size and weight as the three arguments mostly important for your decision. So they should be thought about thoroughly. The next argument that occurs is the filling. Should it be synthetic or downy.
For that decision there is an important link between the purpose of use and the chosen material.For helping you making the right decision for the CARINTHIA product that suits you most we offer a lot of different tools on this side to compare our wide range of products.
40 years CARINTHIA thermo isolation
Whether in the far north of Canada, the South Pole, the peaks of the Himalayas, the African desert or the Austrian Alps, having the right sleeping bag makes a big difference to the success of an expedition.
Twenty years ago we started developing and producing high-performance sleeping bags. State-of-the-art production plant and decades of experience ensure our high quality standards – something that can not be guaranteed in distant, overseas factories. We took the decision therefore to keep our manufacturing facilities in Europe.
Trust in our products
Our close contacts with numerous experienced mountaineers, and our continuous dialogue with participants at expeditions of our partners DAV Summit Club, Hauser exkursionen international and others, helps us to design ultra-practical products. We keep improving our new product range until they meet exactly all the requirements of our outdoor experts. Only then we allow our products to be included into our sales
range. Of course cold cell tests are part of the procedure.We use only the best materials available.
In this catalogue again we proudly present our newest developments for our new product range CARINTHIA OUTDOOR WEAR and other current products.
SLEEPING BAGS AND OUTDOOR WEAR
Carinthia Sleeping Bags & outdoor wear
A. Mayer Goldeck
9871 Seeboden / Austria
1-5-2 Hills SK Building 3F
153-0044 Ohashi Megur-Ku Tokyo/Japan
Fax: +3589 56074224
L´AIR DE RIEN
74, chemin des Cerisiers
PollandHANDLOWA “DAVIS”KAZIMIER HANUSIAK
Ul. Chelmonskiego 18
Fax: + 48338164890
SHLAGIM SKI & SPORT
Kfar Monash 42875
P.O. Box 537
NL-3740 Am Baarn/Holland
KUNDERT VARIO AG
TATRA TEXTIL S.R.O.
MEYDAN AV MALZEMELERI
Karakoy Meydani Aksu Ishani
Kat 1 Karakoy
TR-34425 Karakoy – Istanbul/Türkei
A trip like ours needs a few basic things: first of all determination, but close second is good gear. It is no use trying to make do, for a good trip, you need good material.
Without the help of the following people and companies the trip would not have been possible. They have not only supplied us with the best gear available, but also have kept us focused on our first goal: to get started! Most if not all of the people are cyclists or sportsmen and -women and they have not just donated their products but also their time and enthusiasm, which is priceless .
- First of all our bicycles. No compromise here, we wanted the best as we will test them to the max. The only suitable solution is Santos Bikes. Our machines are the best and totally custombuilt. Please read more about Santos and its owner Robbert and their custom configuration tool here.
- A great new laptop, almost designed for our wishes was supplied by Lenovo laptops
- Outdoordacht has sponsored all types of gear, with the solarpanel being the ultimate green-travel tool
- There really is only one brand of panniers: Ortlieb. Their importer Jacobsons has worked hard to help us with all gear needed
- Gecko climbing is the importer of Carinthia, together they have supplied us with great sleeping bags and down jackets, to fight the harshweather of Alaska and Canada
- Mario Wolff is the importer of Vertical and has set us up with great and very usable clothing
- WorldNomads has sponsored a year of health insurance, get yours here as well, it really is cheaper and better, we also use it for our Everest expeditions!
- Elephant Drive has sponsored a year of free use of the Elephantdrive solutions, really a weight off our shoulders to know our back-ups are safe.
- AdventureFood has supplied us with great tasty meals to survive the first two weeks in the wild of Alaska
- De VakantieFietser has helped us with advice, gear and a sense of humour to get us started in the right direction
We are still looking for financial support as our trip is very costly, not just our daily cost of living, but also internet access, server hosting etc. any donations are welcome, or if you want us to give special attention to our products (of course only if they are useful for cyclists!) contact us using the form above.
If you are interested in related products and links, check out the Google advertisements that appear on every page as you will help us at the same time